What is Medicreation?
Medicreation is a combination of meditation, visualization and hypnosis. Additionally, we add emotions because as the HeartMath Institute’s studies have shown, the magnetic field of the heart is key to reducing stress and creating better quality lives. The brain entrainment tones help our brain waves slow down and our body relax faster. This is useful in today’s busy society when people seldom can calm down long enough to meditate in a traditional manner (which has immense medical and mental health benefits says the Mayo Clinic).
Once we are in a completely relaxed state we bring up the intention we are working on. This is the visualization component. It’s important to see and feel very clearly whatever it is you would like to experience in your life. Your subconscious mind does not know the difference between something real or imagined, so with enough repeated sessions, your subconscious mind will begin to “believe” you have and are really experiencing that which you are imaging in a relaxed state. This is how hypnosis works. If You’re Science-Minded Read This.
Perhaps most importantly, we add emotions. When we Medicreate with a feeling of appreciation, we connect with what Lynn Mctaggart and others call “The Field” or quantum field (here’s a video with Lynn). Quantum physics tells us that our thoughts and emotions vibrate at a certain frequency which then helps to produce the effects in material form. This is mind over matter, plain and simple. The emotion we focus on is gratitude.
When we focus on gratitude, we are telling our subconscious minds and the quantum field that our intentions have already come true. This is the d definition of “being” a different person. If your intention is improved health, you would imagine yourself as healthy, and feel appreciation and gratitude “as if” you had already reached that state of vibrant health. This is not hocus pocus, but science.For more details, read the Law of Distraction & Art of Intention and it’s the more serious Workbook. Also, subscribe to the Free Medicreation Report on the Home Page.
If you read the books (and even if you don’t) and follow the steps outlines above, you can create positive change in your life. However, many people won’t commit themselves to spend 20 minutes a day doing the work. This is like saying you want to lose weight as you’re polishing off the last little bit of cheesecake. In fact, Medicreation can even help with your diet intentions, but only if you DO IT EVERY DAY. Here are some other keys:
- Eating properly for top brain performance. Always have a protein for breakfast, drink plenty of water, and go very light on sugar, caffeine and alcohol (I know, but still).
- Get plenty of rest. When we don’t get our REM sleep, our brain and mood suffer. We can’t think clearly, or Medicreate well.
- Stay focused on what you want instead of the lack of it or what you don’t want. This is where most people fall down. Our subconscious minds are working for us all the time, but we must feed them instruction. What we focus on expands.
- Maintain a happy, grateful, loving attitude as much of each day as possible. The quantum field (and other people) really respond to the vibrations we exude (this is why children and animals are attracted or repelled by certain people).
- Forgive. Probably the thing that holds us down the most is the resentment we harbor. Get over it, move on, and create improved experiences that you can spend your time on.
- Be present. One of the keys to leading a mindful life. Being present is one of the gifts of meditation that monks have been preaching about for years. Stay focused on the here and now where everything is fine. If you are worried about something, you are thinking about the future. If you are mad or sad about something, you are thinking about the past. Stay present.
Here’s a fun video to get your brain thinking in the right way. Coincidentally, the sound waves behind it are perfect for meditating. This beautiful composition by Kally Turner is entitled “Gratitude” and she wrote it for me to share at my meditations. We have layered Isochronic beats under the music so that when you listen to it, your brain is actually experiencing meditative entrainment. Watch the video, then feel free to come back here every day and use the background music for your daily Medicreation practice.
1) Be sure to take care of the health of your brain. It must be fully functioning in order to operate at a high level. Eat well, drink plenty of water and minimize harmful chemicals including caffeine and alcohol (I know).
2) Try new things. When you learn something new your brain creates new neural connections. This helps your brain grow with something we call “neruoplasticity.”
3) Stay positive. Studies conclusively show that a positive outlook and joyful feelings cause the release of feel-good chemicals that strengthen your immune system, giving your more energy to accomplish your goals.